I am thrilled and humbled to announce that The Nursing Site Blog was recently nominated for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award!
This is an award given by bloggers to fellow bloggers who inspire them and who are motivated to make the blogosphere a beautiful place.
The award asks us to honor and learn more about the person behind the blog. The Nursing Site Blog was nominated by a fellow Blogger and nurse colleague Anne Llewellyn who’s fabulous blog is Nurse Advocate. You have to check it out!!!!
The rules that accompany this award:
The first rule is that I am to share 7 facts about myself. Here they are:
- I am married to my best friend Tim who is my rock, my north and my soulmate! We met in high school but didn’t date until midway through college.
- I have 3 wonderful adult children who have all found their soulmates. And I have 2 beautiful granddaughters.
- I have been a nurse since 1975 and after 2 years of hospital med/surg, I have spent my entire career in home health and hospice.
- I love musicals and all forms of dance. I dreamed of being a Rockette but I wasn’t tall enough. I was originally a dance major in college until an injury ended that and I decided to opt for a career in nursing. I’m glad I did.
- Baseball is my passion. I was heartbroken at 11 when the boy down the street informed me I could NEVER be a professional baseball player because I was a girl! It didn’t spoil my love for the game. Minor league baseball was my first love in Denver and since 1967 I have bled Dodger Blue. (I love football too— GO BRONCOS!!)
- I just published my 7th book, Exploring the Home Health Care Experience, a guide to transitioning to this career path for nurses, therapists, social workers and nursing aides.
- I was the last Guide to Nursing at About.com which really launched my writing career.
Next, Nominate 15 blogs:
I would like to nominate 15 of my fellow Bloggers for this award. Please take the time to visit their Blogs and follow or sign up for updates. Follow them on social media.
Highway Hypodermics by Epstein LaRue
The National Nurse for Public Health by Teri Mills
Digital Doorway by Nurse Keith Carlson
BlogTalkRadio Kate Loving Shenk
EricaMacDonald by Erica MacDonald
Big Red Carpet Nursing by Greg Mercer
Hopeful Healer by Carol Gino
Nurse Born Products by Sarah Brennan Mott
The Inspiration Nurse by Donna Wilk Cardillo
Nurse Eye Roll by Kati Kleber
Nursetopia by Joni Watson
Marijke: Nurse Turned Writer by Marike Vroomen Durning
hospicediary by Amy Getter
Nursing Stories by Marianna Crane
JParadisi RN’s Blog by Julianna Paradisi
Thank you again Anne Llewellyn (Nurse Advocate by Anne Llewellyn) for nominating me and giving me me this opportunity to share information and to be part of the exciting community of Nurse Bloggers. Please be sure to check out all of the blogs and the other websites, inspirations, art and writings these nurses bring to the world.