Uncategorized

GMA Airs Segment on Denture Cream Poisonings

Last week, Good Morning America aired a segment on zinc poisoning as a side effect of overuse of denture creams. They interviewed Ellen Isaacs, a patient suffering from neurological symptoms as well as Eric Chaffin, a partner at Bernstein Liebhard LLP, who has filed several lawsuits against the makers of Super PolyGrip and Fixodent for not warning consumers about the possible risks of overdose of zinc from using too much of their product.

You can view the GMA segment here: http://www.consumerinjurylawyers.com/denture-adhesive-cream/good-morning-america.html

Please help to educate the public about the possible harm from overusing denture creams. When used in small amounts as directed, the creams are apparently safe. People who have ill fitting dentures often use more than the recommended amount to ease the problem. And some people wear their dentures 24/7 which can also lead to over exposure to zinc. Read more about this issue.

4 Comments

  • Cynthia

    Denture creams, like Poligrip and Fixodent have been associated with a variety of neurologic health problems and several lawsuits have been filed by people who claim to have been sickened by these products. It is expected that many more will be filed in the coming months. There is some good information on the health and legal implications involved with this issue at: http://www.denturecreamlawyer.com/

  • Cynthia

    Denture creams, like Poligrip and Fixodent have been associated with a variety of neurologic health problems and several lawsuits have been filed by people who claim to have been sickened by these products. It is expected that many more will be filed in the coming months. There is some good information on the health and legal implications involved with this issue at: http://www.denturecreamlawyer.com/

  • Cynthia

    The new warning about zinc in Super Poligrip is not adequate. The warning states that swallowing small amounts of Super Poligrip is not harmful; however, the warning is misleading and might be doing more harm than good. Ingesting even small amounts of Super Poligrip has been found to be harmful; people who used normal amounts of Super Poligrip, and who swallowed small amounts of the product, suffered from zinc poisoning and neurological problems. Here is a site that is very informative and offers some help: http://poligrip-lawsuit.com/about-us.html